This summer went by so fast because, here in Oregon, the weather wreaked havoc and we had no summer weather until July. I have been so busy with the kids as well, with little time to write. That's why my blog is so far behind.
We began July with our trip to Iowa and Nebraska. It was somewhat of a challenge for me; I was traveling with 3 kids for the first time- ages 6, 3, and 2.5 months. My older kids are seasoned travelers by now... they have traveled by plane many times. It was bringing the baby that was the kicker. Infants require more time and more stuff. We had a fantastic time visiting some of my best friends and spending a day with relatives in Bloomfield. It was also tough because for the first time we were there without Grandma. I think about her every day still. She and I grew close over the last couple of years, and I never had a grandmother. She was a wonderful woman that will never be forgotten.
Getting back from Iowa, our son started his nature and martial arts camps along with continuing his mixed martial arts training. Before we new it, August was already here. I began dealing with my knee, and to update that, I am currently in physical therapy after receiving both cortisone and lubrication injections. A total knee replacement in imminent in the next couple of years. I just want to be able to be more active again for my kids.
Nutrisystem sucks, but at least I gave it a try. For $299 a month, the food sucks. I am just going to do my own thing coupled with the P90, biking, and weights.
At the end of August we rented an RV and went camping for a week in 4 different Oregon state parks. It was absolutely beautiful and so much fun! Oregon has it all: desert, forest, mountains, ocean, and cities. What more could one ask for? Driving up the coast there was a state park every 10 miles! We want to save up for a pull-RV so we can spend more time camping.
That was basically our summer: trips, county fair, day trips, oh, and concerts for me! I saw Warrant, Lady Gaga, and then Queensryche! All were awesome in their own ways. Queensryche is my favorite band as always, and I finally got to meet them this time!
Our son started first grade this week and that is surreal. How did we get a first grader already? So far, so good. He loves it! Our 3 year-old will start nature preschool in 2 weeks and the baby is now 4.5 months old!
I am still busy with 3 kids but will try and make more time for writing. The book is coming along fine and I have another manuscript I want to begin. I am taking a history course for fun this fall as well. Our son still has mixed martial arts and our daughter wants to take ballet. It will be a fun ride!
No comments:
Post a Comment