Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Dream Project
I wrote more in high school than I do now (although that is rapidly changing). In the summer of 1993 when I had just finished my junior year of high school, I selected 8 of my good friends to help me with what I call my "Dream Project." I had them each write about their dreams, their idea of a perfect world, what their friends mean to them, how they think of their self as a person, and what they value in life. What I received in return were 8 wonderfully written pieces. Now, over 16 years later, I have asked them to write the same piece for me, seeing how their views have changed over the years. I have kept in contact with 7 of the 8 people, some more than others. The eighth person and I had a falling out in 1994, but I still sent her the letter asking her to participate. It will be interesting to see who will participate- I have had one acceptance so far. The finished product will be given to all, copied and bound.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment