Friday, July 23, 2010
Tired
I am tired of people thinking that a stay-at-home Mom does nothing. What gets me is that I have always worked up until February, when I decided to stay at home with my two kids and the third on the way. I have always been the breadwinner, the one who is taking home more money. I am the one who got my husband into the company he's at. Now I'm being told that I do nothing because I stay at home with a 6 year-old, 3year-old, and a 3-month old. This is 2010. Why is there still that double standard, that notion that a woman is no good for anything but childcare... but then is told that childcare is doing nothing? I have 2 college degrees, I have run my own business, but I choose to be with my children? What is wrong with that?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment