Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Osteotomy
I've had three knee surgeries on my left knee: 2 athroscopies and an osteotomy. The osteotomy was performed 11 years ago. It's a big procedure that consists of cutting bone out of your hip which is then shaped into a wedge and inserted by the patella of the bad knee. The object is to take pressure off of the bad knee and help with pain and bad joints. This last week I've been experiencing terrible pain in this knee, especially when it bends or when I sit down or stand up. I read more about the procedure that I had done 11 years ago... I've never really researched it until now, and apparently it is only good for about 10 years and is used instead of a knee replacement when the patient is too young. I wish I was told that information at the time of that surgery. Maybe it's time for a knee replacement... maybe that will solve all my pain issues. I've found a new surgeon and am waiting for the office to call me back so that I can make an appointment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment