Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Hunger Games

As an avid reader, I can go through a few books a week when time allows. I was recently visiting friends in Iowa and one of them was in the midst of reading "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins and recommended that I read it. Being a young adult fan I was definitely interested. The book reminds me of the short story "The Lottery," which just about everyone is made to read in junior high. This book takes place in the future, with the United States destroyed and what is left of the country split into 12 districts. Each district is required to send one boy and one girl between the ages of 12-18 each year to the "Hunger Games," where the 24 children battle to the death. Such an interesting concept and it was a great book. The second book in the trilogy arrives for me in the mail tomorrow, and I can't wait to start it!

No comments:

Post a Comment