Friday, April 13, 2012

Moving Forward

20 days until we leave Oregon and begin a new journey in life. Back to the Hawkeye state we go. We originally left Iowa in 2002 to come here to Portland, and now hope of a better life for our family are bringing us back. It will be sad to leave the beautiful state of Oregon and friends here. It won't be sad to leave the rain, though! We just can't afford to live here on one income... rent is so expensive and it will be a couple of years until I can work. Nursing school is an incredible opportunity for me and I can't wait to start next month! I've always wanted to be in health care but I ended up studying business as I worked in management for so long. We have family in Iowa that I am looking forward to getting to know better, and it will be exciting for the kids to have so many cousins around their age to get to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment