Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Wind of Change

Feeling the urge to write tonight. I've been terrible about it. It's been... six months or so. Things are crazy right now; stuff has totally changed. I've reached over 30,000 words in my manuscript. Part one is completely done. I haven't started part two yet mostly because some research needs to go into it and I simply haven't had the time. I have four weeks left in this crazy term at school. I'm in this Anatomy & Physiology course that is crazy hard. Shit, I'm not in med school and I don't need to know a lot of the stuff we are expected to memorize. But I've got to get through it. I'm also in a writing course that needed to be fulfilled in order to get an additional degree through PCC. It's so freaking easy but it's good to have to write something again.
I am a Scout parent and leader in multiple positions right now. I am the Pack Trainer, an Assistant Den Leader for Hunter's den, and just got through being the popcorn kernel for our pack's first popcorn sale. I will say that Hunter loves Scouts and I am thoroughly enjoying being involved. The popcorn sales went way better than my expectations but I couldn't have pulled that through if it wasn't for my friend Melanie. She is good with numbers and money and that just isn't me at all. It was nice having a partner to balance it all out.
I've lost 30 pounds and it has made me feel like a completely different person. It is difficult but once you get set on different eating and exercise routines it just all falls into place after awhile. I've been stuck on the same weight for the last month because I've lost my walking partner, but I'm going to try dancing- yes, dancing! I've known more than one person who has played video dance games and has lost weight. I just ordered one of the "Just Dance" games and now that the weather is bad, I am going to give it a shot. The knee is still as bad as ever, but I have learned to walk through the pain.
The biggest change is that we are going to move to Iowa at the end of May. I am going to start nursing school there this summer. I am happy about the move but I am sad as well. Hunter is in a good place in school and I have friends that I hate to leave behind. Oregon is beautiful- by far the most beautiful place that we have ever lived. Unfortunately Oregon has one of the worst unemployment rates of anywhere. We can't afford to live here on one income, and I can't get into nursing school here because of the thousands of applicants these schools have each year. No, I don't have bad grades, but I don't have straight A's. I have 3 kids and a busy volunteer life. I can't put in the time that straight A's require. I love the Midwest, however, and family and other friends will be close by. Plus, my ultimate goal of achieving a BSN from the University of Iowa will be in reach now.

No comments:

Post a Comment